Friday, June 1, 2012

Honoring each deliberate step down the aisle.

Tonight's June wedding wrapped up early, leaving time for me to take an evening stroll after getting the chick-lets (my girls) and the chickens (our hens) all settled in.   I walked the winding path through the trees and paused under the bridge alight with twinkle lights.  The birds were coming alive with inspired song around me, I was stuck with how blessed I am to be a guest in such a beautiful corner of the world such as this.  Even more profound is the feeling of being part of something so much bigger than me.

I walked the path of the left over petals from the ceremony earlier today and imagined all the people that have walked each deliberate step down their aisles, to arrive at their love, their husband, the father of their future children and the grandfather of their grandchildren.  So many beginnings happen on these blades of grass.  So many intentions set by people with love in their hearts and commitments solid in mind.  So many webs of support have been woven from all the guests that attend and honor these milestone moments.

I stood  between the cherry trees this evening and I got a chance to imagine them all as I drank in the fragrance of the cherry blossoms.  The setting sun's light cast a soft glow across the canyon hillside and the rush and tumble of the creek just scented the air with the ebb and flow of spring.   As many times as brides, grooms, and families have thanked me for being at The Woodlands, today I felt an answering gratitude for all the people who have chosen to be here.  I am so grateful for all those who helped build the layers of new beginnings here.  Each couple, each exchange of vows, each wedding celebration is what makes the magic of this place deeper and so much more meaningful in the history of love.


2 comments:

  1. Elsa, this is incredibly written. To pause, and feel like I do after reading this, gives me a new appreciation for the work that I do. When viewed from this perspective, it is such an honor to be a part of these wonderful peoples lives. You are such a beautiful person inside and out....so happy to call you my friend! xo LL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elsa, thank you for sharing this with us. "So many beginnings happen on these blade of grass" - so beautiful. Sometimes I think it is easy to forget the history that brings this love to beautiful venues like the Woodlands - Gmas and Gpas, Moms and Dads, generations of lovers and families. It is incredible to share these deep, rich moments with families.

    I hope you can keep writing - wonderful! Thank you. Tara and Matt

    ReplyDelete