Thursday, August 26, 2010

Wedding Color and Decor Inspiration

Good heavens!  I was shocked to see September knocking at the door.  Time files, life flies and I have been soaring right along with it.  It's been a gloriously busy and wonderful summer as we mold and shape the space where brides and grooms can breathe the Montana mountain air, capture memories under old growth trees and dance the night away in great celebration.  I typically try to find a calm moment to take some images of each event to inspire brides-to-come with color combinations and decor ideas that will help them springboard to their own personal look in our always evolving great room.  I thought I would take a moment to re-live a few of the weddings we have seen here at The Woodlands this year. All the linens below are from The Woodlands.

Dory and Mike's fresh color combo turned out great.  Satin brown runners, with teal accents and napkins.  Flowers by Bloom and the antique double wash bins for drinks are a 'Finishing Touch' offered by The Woodlands.  *Feel free to click on each image for a larger view of all the beautiful details. Here are a few to feast your eyes on.


Aqua has been a hot wedding color this year.  Fresh like the Montana sky. . . and if you look close enough, you will discover fresh rosemary tucked into the arrangements.  I love herb accents, they are so aromatic and earthy!


Amanda was very hands on in all her decor.  She went with the bold and vibrant orange Gerbera daisy and brought in the element of organic texture with the burlap.  I think Montana weddings do burlap with amazing grace and style!  And she featured her arrangements in the ever popular, always charming and yet economical mason jar.


Another Amanda chose The Woodlands for her wedding a week after the Amanda I mentioned above, which definitely kept me on my toes.   I have seen purple in The Woodlands great room for wedding receptions plenty of times yet I was struck by the fresh look the added white overlay brought to the room.  Hello again, my friend the mason jar.


Adam and Amber embraced their colorful side in all its hot pink glory!  The guests picked up on the couples energy for life and danced the night away on the patio under the stars.  I am pretty sure I saw a groomsman that abandoned the white suit jacket and shirt leaving only his hot pink vest for the sake of aerodynamics on the dance floor. ;)  Oh,yeah.


Please forgive me for not crediting all the floral or cake vendors that contributed their talents for these events.  I don't always have that information on hand, but if you do, send us a shout.  I would be delighted to honor them with a mention.

No comments:

Post a Comment