Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Happy Anniversary: Jane and Tim

A little reflection is a good thing and with that thought, I welcome you to this segment of our blog where we celebrate a couple that joined their lives in the space under our Woodland trees a year ago.


Last September we had a truly delightful and genuine couple that fell in love with our property for their wedding.  They touched us with their kindness, appreciation and open hearts.   They celebrated with a simple yet beautiful fall reception featuring copper and garnet with accents of burnt orange for a lovely fall scheme.


The lovely Miss Janie O of Janie Osborne Photography was there to capture the warmth of the group and the delightful Mollie Eckman coordinated the details with style as always.  The ceremony was officiated by the wonderful Tess Jones of Happily Ever After, flowers by Avant Floral and the linens customized by The Woodlands (as always!)








Here are some thoughts and wisdom that Jane shared as she looks back at the day.


 What was the best decision you made?


"I think the best decision I made, hands down, was to enjoy not just the wedding day itself, but every step of the planning process leading up to it.  I knew I wanted my wedding day to be peaceful and harmonious and joyful, and that if I spent the entire year stressing and panicking over the linens and flowers and seating arrangements, then on the day itself I'd look around at those things and associate them with how stressed I felt when I was deciding on them.  Because I decided that planning for a joyful day should be a joyful process, when I looked around on my wedding day I was thinking about how much fun the last year had been and how much fun married life would be going forward."


What was a favorite moment you remember?



"We held the ceremony outside on a perfect fall day.  The sun was shining and there were fluffy white clouds in the sky.  It wasn't too hot or too cold - everything about the weather was ideal.  During the ceremony and afterward, during some of the picture taking, little bits of white cottonwood fluff began to float down from the sky onto the meadow.  Post-ceremony a couple of the kids had the best time chasing the fluff around.  It was like a magical fairy land."



"This isn't a description I throw around lightly: it was absolutely perfect. Elsa was a joy to work with during the planning - and thank you again for providing our dream location!"

 
Thank you Jane for your wonderful perspective.  It was an honor and joy to have Tim and Jane at The Woodlands to celebrate their day.

All the best to them and here is to many, many more joyous years to come!

Happy Anniversary!

No comments:

Post a Comment